All right out of a need to be contradictory (oh you could say hypocritical, but hypocrit is such an ugly word) with my rambling post from earlier today, here is my top 10 list of CDs that came out last year that I purchased:
2) The (International) Noise Consipiracy--Armed Love
3) Eels--Blinking Lights and Other Revelations
4) The Dandy Warhols--Odditorium or the War Lords of Mars
5) Stephen Malkmus--Face The Truth
6) Iron & Wine--Woman King
7) The Kills--Now Wow
8) Frank Black--Honeycomb
9) Sigur Ros--Takk
10) Rotten Musicians--Make a Face
Damn that was hard. No wonder I hate ordering things into lists. Most of those could easily interchange. #10, as well, is a local band to good old SLC. Look them up. They rock hard. They rock Pippi Longstocking-style.
I think this little excercise in list-making has changed my perspective on such things--slightly. The world feels like a more orderly place now that I've decided which CD is better than the rest.